Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

The cat is out of the proverbial bag, family has been told, as well as our closest friends (our church family was the first to know outside of our household, btw) and the pets have no idea how rocked their worlds are going to be. I can already see it in my head.

Kenzie comes home from school, and is greeted at the door by Sobe and Holly. Sobe runs over to the place the enormous doggy bed used to live only to find there is a much smaller version in its place. Holly is searching frantically for the big white dog, whose tail she loves to chase while his harness is being fastened for the afternoon walk. Only one problem...the enormous doggy bed and the big white dog are living with JB in Kansas City.

It's a lot of change. But change is good, right? JB is chasing his big dreams into unlikely places as he begins his new job as Associate Minister of Good Shepherd UMC in KCMO. I'm chasing mine to a BSN here in Little Rock. CaityB is moving off to attend college in Conway, before eventually making a more permanent move to "The City of Angels". Kenzie is finishing her senior year of high school and then chasing her dreams to a college in Missouri, which ironically she will have established residency for in-state tuition while living in Arkansas. Are you confused yet?

Well, that makes 8 of us. Or maybe even more. I don't know what this next chapter looks like, but I'm ready to see where it leads and learn the lessons along the way. And with today's technology, we can FaceTime, Skype, text and/or call to keep in touch And I'm sure we will put some mileage on vehicles for visits.

Ch-ch-changes are a necessary part of life. I look forward to the journey. Now, where did I put my keys?

No comments: